Sunday, June 28, 2009

SMILE FOR A SUNDAY

Here's a Sunday Smile for you.
The picture here is of two of my favourite girls! One is my youngest granddaughter, and the other is my youngest 'adopted' granddaughter. They are the funniest 5 and 6 year old girls in my family. They were having a playdate and decided to entertain us with the Elvis and Princess duo. They giggle and get up to mischief (nothing naughty), and 'feed' off each other's imaginations.
People come into your life for a long time or a short time and we really don't know the span when we meet. When we have a positive relationship with anyone we should regard it as a lifetime, because even it turns out to be for a little while, the experience will live with one for a long while. You never know how much a kind word or deed will impact on others.
I try to accept and take into my life only the positive experiences, because I know that they are the "keepers". The not-so-positive can serve as a reminder to value the good relationships.
Without the darkness we would not appreciate the light. Without the bad, we would not value the good. So we should not curse the darkness, but light a candle to disperse it. I want to light as many candles as I can, especially the ones in my mind, because it's a given that the darkness starts in our God given minds.
A Blessed Sunday to all and, smile. Your smile is the candle that disperses the darkness.

4 comments:

Blessings each day said...

Lovely and very truthful thoughts and delightful little girls. Bet you had a wonderfully fun time which you so richly deserve!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Blessings each day said...

Okay, Marlene, you now have an award to 'pick up' at my blog site, so hop on over...it's easy and there's no button to copy, just copy the rules and then you have to follow them.

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Wanda..... said...

Hello Marlene...I'm a friend of Marcy's...I so agree we all need to think positive and look for reasons to smile...one smile leads to another...
Grandchildren can certainly make us happy...I have 9 from the ages of 6 to 21...they make me smile...
Enjoy your day!

Diana said...

I enjoyed this post Marlene,it describes how I feel and try to live my life everyday. Your granddaughters are adorable!