Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Uh Oh!

Hi Everyone.  I have been absent from the blog-oh-sphere for some time as I have had no access to the internet.  The reason for that is very simple....I wrecked my laptop power cord about 3 weeks ago, and so cannot charge it up.  A new power cord is around $100 and I don't know if I want to spend that much on powering up my 10 year old LT.  Right now I'm using a friend's LT and internet to let my friends know where I've been.
The upside of not being "plugged in" is that I'm getting a heck of a lot of things done around the ol' homestead and catching up on mending, knitting and tidying up the messes I seem to make all by myself! 
So for now, I'll keep in touch whenever I can use my friend's LT and mull over the purchase of the cord or a new LT.  Decisions, decisions.  <3

2 comments:

Diana said...

Hi Marlene,
I'm sorry to hear about your computer troubles. I went through the same thing with my old laptop. Went through two cords. The first time it was $40.00 the second time was $60.00.
After that one I finally was able to buy a new laptop. It took forever though. I hope you don't have to wait as long. Hope your doing alright!
Love Di ♥

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your tutorials! I have wanted to take up knitting for so long, even bought several sizes of needles but really haven't had much luck just trying it on my own. I am going to give it a try again! I love to crochet and can make a ton of beautiful things but always wanted to learn to knit! THANKS!