Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Life Can Be Beautiful

Hi everyone.  I am having some time off due to Spring Break.  For those who don't know, or maybe I haven't mentioned it, I have been employed for almost 6 years as a Nanny/Personal /Assistant with a lovely family whom I've come to love like my own family. 
Update on my basement family room demolition--all the flooring has been taken off and disposed of.  The drywall up to about 4 feet has been taken off.  Next is the rebuild.  I have cans of paint, tools, and other items "decorating" my living and dining rooms.  They were stored in the workshop in the basement and the only good thing about having brought all the stuff upstairs is, that I've had to sort and get rid of various deitrius that has collected over 17 years.  Late last year I was contemplating selling my house and moving to a smaller, more manageable home, so I've been spurred on by the 'disaster' that was my basement to get on with other cleanups/touchups around here. 
We had some heavy rains last week, which was a perfect test of the repair to the outside basement wall. It stayed desert-dry, so the repair worked.  A new downspout was installed just before the rain and that has done a good job of diverting moisture away from the foundation.  Now the sun is shining and drying up the last of winter's snow.  Next is the lawn and garden care.  I should get out there this afternoon and inspect the winter damage. 
So, that's my boring life.  I'm actually happy it's boring.  There is a Chinese Curse (!) that goes "May you live an exciting life."  I'm thinking that was said like the southern "Bless your/her/his heart"-- this bon mot is to be uttered  in a drippingly sweet way when one is being ever so polite to another who is bugging the c..p out of you.  My southern friends will understand I think.
I wish you all a happy, healthy, fulfilling day of treasured moments. <3 Mar.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I understand PERFECTLY...the 'Bless your heart'...being a 'suthurn gurl.'
:))
I hope that you have a lovely week...and know that I'm thinking of you, Mar.
Love,
Jackie

Bernie said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day my friend and enjoy your time off....:-) Hugs

Diana said...

Oh I so understand the blessings of a boring life Mar. Usually when there's excitement around here it's not of the good sort! For me, boring is good!
Love Di ♥

Unknown said...

your picture is beautiful and so colorful! How is it that you found such a great job as a nanny/assistant? I would love a job like that!

Rinkly Rimes said...

What a glorious garden that is! If you look out on that every day no wonder you're so happy!